8 best rated woodturning lathes under $500
Are you looking for the best rated woodturning lathes at an affordable price? Here you will find a selection of the 8 best rated wood lathes on Amazon under $500. Lets get started!
Are you just getting into woodturning go check out this post
8. SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
– Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
– 12-inch distance between centers
– 8-inch swing over bed
– Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
– Includes two tool rests
4 out of 5 rating at a price of $249.99
7. Grizzly Industrial T25926 – 10″ x 18″ Variable-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
– This Variable-Speed Wood Lathe provides 10″ of turning radius and spindles up to 16-3/4″
– The Variable Speed Of 650 – 3800 Rpm Allows You To Find Just The Speed You Need To Finish Whatever Job Your Heart Desires
– This lathe also includes a digital spindle speed indicator, tool rest and live center; it’s quality at a price that can’t be beat
4.4 out of 5 rating at a price of $496.95
6. Grizzly Industrial H8259-10″ x 18″ Benchtop Wood Lathe
– Motor: 1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase
– Amps: 7
– Swing over bed: 10″
– Distance between centers: 18″
– Swing over tool rest: 6-1/4″
4.3 out of 5 rating at a price of $480.00
5. WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8″ by 12″ Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe
– Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
– Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
– 3.2-Amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes
– Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
– Features a 2.3-Inch face plate, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
4.3 out of 5 rating at a price of $168.97
4. Nova 71118 Comet II DR – Midi Lathe Flexible Woodworking System
– Speed Range: 250 – 4,000 RPM with its powerful electronic variable speed motor.
– Digital Readout: Quickly dial-in the correct speed for the job, material and conditions. you’re not limited to potentially dangerous fixed-speed steps.
– Forward and reverse switch: Forward and Reverse Switch offers additional ﬂexibility with the Nova Lathe and allows you to achieve a superior ﬁnish
-12” Swing over bed and 16.5” between centers. Expandable to 42“ with optional bed extension accessory (Additional purchase).
– 3” Faceplate, 6” Tool Rest, Spur-Drive Center, Live Tailstock Center, Knockout Bar, Lathe Handwheel Unit. Manual with parts breakdown and fasteners.
4.4 out of 5 rating currently on sale for $499.89
3. WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
-Attack work pieces up to 18 inches long and 12 inches wide
– Switch between five different speeds: 520, 900, 1400, 2150, or 3400 RPM
– Includes 3-1/8 inch Faceplate for turning bowls, cups and other non-spindle work pieces
– MT2 tailstock and headstock tapers allow for compatibility with a wide variety of Lathe Accessories
– Features a 4. 5A motor, an MT2 headstock spur center, an MT2 tailstock live center, an 8-inch tool rest, and an on-board accessory holder
4.5 out of 5 rating at a price of $261.18
2. Jet JWL-1015 Wood Working Lathe
– 15-1/2″ between centers
– Six spindle speeds: 500, 840, 1240, 1800, 2630 and 3975
– Integrated 24 position indexing
– Improved tensioning system with easier access to belts
– Wider bed ways provide increased rigidity
4.6 out of 5 rating at a price of $499.99
1. RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10″ x 18″ 1/2 hp Mini Lathe
– This Rikon mini lathe features a ½ motor that provides ample power for all turning needs. With a 10” swing and 18” between centers, this mini lathe also has a self ejecting tail stock and has easy access to speed change.
– Designed specifically at the request of pen turners who wanted a sturdy, dedicated machine for their craft. This scaled-down, basic mini lathe is made from cast iron, so vibration is not a factor, unlike other lathes made of aluminum.
– 5 speed range that covers the bases for boring barrel holes, roughing out pen billets, turning to shape and finishing.
– Includes a live center, tool rest, knock-out bar, and wrenches.
4.6 out of 5 currently on sale for the price of $295.84
Thank you for reading and happy shopping.
Please note that prices and ratings may be subject to change. Descriptions of the products shown is taken from the seller.
This post is containing affiliate links. Thank you for supporting me and my family.